The first few days have gone, I'm installed, I've got the car, the phone, the e-mail, etc. All that is missing is the appartment and of course most importantly the girlfriend!
The appartment is in the planning for this weekend, but first let's see what has happened this (little) week:
I left Lyon at 13:30 on tuesday by train in direction Lille. Apparantly, SNCF has transformed their wagons in to rolling kindergardens, because there were angry/tired/annoying kids screaming all the way = 3 hours of bleeding ears. That's why I was quite pleased to arrive in Lille to change trains even if I was comfortably installed with my dry chicken sandwich (delicious train food!).

In Lille I changed for a regional train which was much less comfortable, but it did the work it was asked to do and got me to la Louvière, where another train changed awaited me. This time direction Namur. Arriving in Namur it was around 20:30, but that's not where my hotel is so let's take another train to Ciney, not very far away (30 or so km). So in Ciney I arrive at the station, the "town" is empty, not a taxi in sight, my phone is not working, so I'll have to walk. 4O-45 minutes later I arrive at the hotel, phew! 9 hours of travel, directly to bed to go to work the next day.

The rest of the week has been filled with information, a new car, e-mail, phone numbers, implication in projects, etc. But that's all top secret, so I can't tell you :-)
I'll update on sunday concerning the appartment hunt, maybe I'll get lucky, maybe not...
See you all later!
The appartment is in the planning for this weekend, but first let's see what has happened this (little) week:
I left Lyon at 13:30 on tuesday by train in direction Lille. Apparantly, SNCF has transformed their wagons in to rolling kindergardens, because there were angry/tired/annoying kids screaming all the way = 3 hours of bleeding ears. That's why I was quite pleased to arrive in Lille to change trains even if I was comfortably installed with my dry chicken sandwich (delicious train food!).
In Lille I changed for a regional train which was much less comfortable, but it did the work it was asked to do and got me to la Louvière, where another train changed awaited me. This time direction Namur. Arriving in Namur it was around 20:30, but that's not where my hotel is so let's take another train to Ciney, not very far away (30 or so km). So in Ciney I arrive at the station, the "town" is empty, not a taxi in sight, my phone is not working, so I'll have to walk. 4O-45 minutes later I arrive at the hotel, phew! 9 hours of travel, directly to bed to go to work the next day.
The rest of the week has been filled with information, a new car, e-mail, phone numbers, implication in projects, etc. But that's all top secret, so I can't tell you :-)
I'll update on sunday concerning the appartment hunt, maybe I'll get lucky, maybe not...
See you all later!
et moi qui pensais pouvoir peaufiner mon suédois.... déçu...
ReplyDeleteOroa dig inte. Jag kan slänga in ett meddelande eller två på svenska om du vill... :)
DeleteBig up young man you are the bravest man I know or maybe the most unaware...
ReplyDeleteI passed Arras on the way here, it was worse! ;)
ReplyDelete